(Manfacturer's no. 12834)
The RNZAF purchased 12 Bristol Freighters in total, although probably no more than 10 were operational with No. 41 Squadron at any one time. These aircraft were in service from 1952 to 1977. Their primary role was as short to medium range tactical transport aircraft and they saw service in Singapore, Thailand, Borneo, Australia and around the Pacific.
NZ5903 was manufactured in 1951 and was ferried to New Zealand and taken on charge on 10 March 1952. The aircraft served with No 41 Squadron in New Zealand, Pacific, South-East Asia, and later with No. 3 and 1 Squadrons. The aircraft was withdrawn from service in early 1977 and flown to Wigram in early 1978. It is currently on display in No. 3 Hangar at Wigram, and retains its original 1977 camouflage finish.