(Manufacturer's no. 15691, ex-RAF serial no. XH317)
Purchased in 1956 as part of the second Vampire aircraft buy this aircraft was assembled at Hobsonville. It was used by No. 75 and 14 Squadrons and the Jet Conversion Unit at Ohakea between 1956 and 1972. Placed into long term storage at RNZAF Woodbourne in November 1972, it was converted to instructional airframe INST 205 at No. 4 Technical Training School in January 1973. The Vampire T.11 was the first aircraft type in RNZAF service to be equipped with ejection seats.
NZ5710 was transferred to the Museum in 1984 and is on display in No. 3 Hangar at Wigram.