How to Donate an Item
If you have any questions or want to find out more about donating collection items to the Air Force Museum, please contact:
Phone: (03) 343 9516
If you have an item you would like to donate, please complete the contact form below.
Like any museum, we are always looking to develop our collection and are grateful for the opportunity to consider all offers of material related to New Zealand’s military aviation history.
If you have an item or collection that you would like to donate, it is helpful if you can provide as much information as possible:
- What is the item(s) you would like to donate?
- Any known history, including personal stories and full names of any individuals associated with it
- How you came to have the item. Are you legally entitled to donate it?
- Description of its physical condition
- A digital image of the item(s)
These details help our Collections Team assess whether items are suitable for the collection. If it is decided that the Museum will accept the item(s), we will contact you about formalising the donation by completing the relevant documentation in accordance with our Collection Management Policy.