These free, sensory-friendly sessions are for all visitors who prefer a quieter environment. They are particularly suited to adults and children with complex support needs or with autism spectrum disorder, and their families and carers.
Dates and times
4pm - 5pm
Thursday 18 June 2020
Thursday 25 June 2020
Thursday 2 July 2020
During our 'Relaxed Hour' sessions you can expect:
- To explore the Museum on your own terms outside general visitor hours.
- A friendly welcome and a relaxed experience.
- No need to queue for tickets.
- Adjusted lighting levels where possible.
- Minimum noise throughout the galleries, including no sound effects or public address system announcements.
- Museum staff, who have attended Autism Awareness training, on hand to help.
- Free Museum Hunts for those who would like to explore the Museum this way.
- A quiet, low-lit space available for anyone who would like to take a break.
Please fill in the form below and include each person’s full name and a contact phone number who will be attending the session.
RSVP Form for your Relaxed Hour Museum Visit
Our Education Officer, Chris Davey will be on hand to greet you. If you have any questions, or require additional assistance, please feel free to contact Chris directly: email@example.com
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO SEE:
The Atrium, with its light, open space and high ceiling is the perfect place to orientate yourself when you first enter the Museum.