Composite airframe (display identity NZ406)
23 Ansons were supplied to the RNZAF in 1942-43 and were used in New Zealand for general reconnaissance and advanced navigational training. The last of the Anson fleet was retired from the RNZAF in 1952.
The aircraft on display is a composite aircraft made from many different Anson aircraft parts, although the fuselage is largely NZ415 (LT376). Parts of NZ410, NZ422 and VL352 are also used. The metal centre section, mainplanes and tailplane are from VL352, a late series Mk. 19.
For display purposes the aircraft is shown as NZ406 "G" of the School of General Reconnaissance, RNZAF Bell Block (New Plymouth), 1943. The aircraft is on display in the Aircraft Hall.